Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shabby Chic

I have been inspired lately by all the shabby chic cards and layouts I have seen.  I am impressed by how a card or LO can almost be more of a work of art than "just a card".  It has never been my style, but I am a good faker, lol.  I decided to try my hand at the shabby chic style, and this is what I came up with.  It is a birthday card for my mother-in-law.  I really like how it turned out.  Luckily she saves every card I have made for her, so the effort is not lost on her!


I used lots of distress ink, the lace is dyed with distress ink.  The flowers are hand-cut because I dont have a flower cart yet.  There are real pearls in the center of the flowers.

2 comments:

  1. very pretty card! love those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card!!! Thank you for answering my question on the Cricut forums. :) I emailed a friend asking if she had the nifty 50's. You don't live too far from me either. I am just over the border into WI. :) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete